Lawn Fertilization in & Around Waukee, West Des Moines & Urbandale, IA
We offer two lawn fertilization programs that provide everything your grass needs to grow healthy.
If there's one thing your grass needs throughout the year, it's fertilizer. Fertilization treatments provide your lawn with vital nutrients that bolster its health and improve its appearance. Here at Brilliant Borders Landscaping, we offer two lawn fertilization programs to homes and businesses in Waukee, West Des Moines, Urbandale, IA, and nearby areas. While our Gold Program has 5 steps and our Platinum Program is 7 steps, both include weed control treatments and preventative grub control. To get the best results for your lawn, we recommend adding our soil testing service to either of our lawn fertilization programs so we can tailor it to meet the needs of your grass.
Our Gold Lawn Fertilization Program
Our Gold Fertilization Program includes all the essential components of a good lawn care regimen. With this 5-step program, your grass will receive top-quality fertilization treatments, pre- and post-emergent weed control, and a grub control treatment to ensure it is nourished and protected from weeds and grubs during the growing season. This program follows the schedule below:
- Step 1: The first step of this program is in early to mid-April and includes a slow-release, granular fertilizer treatment and a pre-emergent weed control application to get ahead of weeds before they sprout on your lawn.
- Step 2: In late May, we'll do a round of post-emergent herbicides to get rid of any existing weeds.
- Step 3: Our third visit in late June involves an application of preventative grub control to stop damage-causing grubs from feeding on the roots of your grass.
- Step 4: We will apply a post-emergent weed control treatment in mid-to-late September to eliminate weeds that grew during the summer months.
- Step 5: Our last application for this program is a high-nitrogen winterizer treatment in mid-to-late October to give your grass a final feeding for the year.
Our Platinum Lawn Fertilization Program
The other lawn care program we offer is our Platinum Fertilization Program. This 7-step program includes everything from the Gold Program, plus two additional fertilization treatments. Our schedule for this program is as follows:
- Step 1: We start our program in early to mid-April with a slow-release lawn fertilizer treatment to supply nutrients gradually and a pre-emergent weed control treatment to prevent weeds from emerging.
- Step 2: Our next visit to your property is in mid-May to apply our granular fertilizer rich in nitrogen to help your grass become stronger and greener.
- Step 3: We'll visit in late May to apply a round of post-emergent weed control to eliminate weeds that have sprouted.
- Step 4: In late June, we will apply a preventative grub control treatment to provide long-lasting protection from grubs, as well as other lawn pests like chiggers and Japanese beetles.
- Step 5: We'll do an application of non-phosphorus fertilizer in early to mid-September. This treatment will help thicken your lawn and improve its root system.
- Step 6: In mid-to-late September, our team will apply a post-emergent weed control treatment to eliminate weeds that emerged during the summer.
- Step 7: We finish the year strong by applying a nitrogen-rich winterizer treatment in mid-to-late October when your grass has stopped growing. This treatment will help your grass survive the winter and green up quickly in the spring.
Our weed control treatments target weeds like dandelion, clover, crabgrass, creeping Charlie, thistle, and wild violet.
Take advantage of our soil testing service so we can tailor your program to the needs of your lawn.
Our team offers a soil testing service that is best scheduled alongside either of our lawn fertilization programs. With this service, we will test your soil to know the current health status of your lawn, your soil's pH level, and the level of nutrients found in it. This information will help us understand what your lawn needs to thrive! This way, we can alter your lawn care program and tailor it to meet the unique needs of your grass.
Call us today to sign up for our lawn fertilization service.
The key to getting your lawn to its best health is providing it with vital nutrients that encourage robust grass growth. Here at Brilliant Borders Landscaping, we will keep your grass well-fed with the nutrients it needs to thrive with our lawn fertilization service. Our team offers two lawn fertilization programs to commercial and residential properties in Waukee, West Des Moines, Urbandale, IA, and nearby areas. Call us today at (515) 664-6205 to sign up for any of our lawn fertilization programs!